TAX FREE FOR TOURISTS / TRAVELLERS
Who can claim VAT Refund?
- Tourist who is a resident of countries outside of the European Union is eligible to VAT refund on purchased goods.
- Minimum purchase amount, including VAT, entitling to obtain tax refund is PLN 200.00.
- In order to obtain VAT refund, goods must be taken outside the territory of the EU in original package in hand luggage, what must be confirmed by a customs officer.
- The goods must be taken outside the territory of the European Union at the latest by the last day of the third month following the month in which goods have been purchased.
(Tax free) Shopping in store
- When doing shopping in store, ask the shop staff for issuing a Tax Free For Tourists Form.
- Show to shop staff your passport or national ID card proving your residence outside the territory of The European Union.
Ordering on line and picking up goods in our store.
- When ordering on line at our store www.strefaskryznek.pl, in section „Uwagi” (“Remarks”) enter your request for issuing a Tax Free Form.
- When collecting purchased goods, show to a shop staff your passport or ID card and a shop staff will confirm the conformity of data.
- Purchased goods together with Tax Free Form cannot be sent outside the territory of Poland. If you want to order goods online and collect ordered goods in other location than the address of our store (for example in the hotel), please contact us in order to agree the details concerning date and place of collecting the order.
- When leaving the territory of the EU, show purchased goods in original package together with the Tax Free form with the attached receipt, your passport or national ID card to a customs officer.
- Remember: Absence of Customs Officer Stamp on the Tax free For Tourists Form means no possibility for tax refund.
- If you want to collect a tax refund in cash, visit one of our stores within the territory of Poland.
- Give to a shop staff the Tax Free For Tourist Form, together with attached original cash receipt, approved by a customs officer and show your ID – a shop staff will confirm conformity of data contained in the Tax Free For Tourist Form.
- VAT refund is made in Polish Zloty (PLN).
- You may claim for tax refund within 10 months from the date of taking goods outside the territory of the European Union.
- The basic VAT rate in Poland is 23%.
- Tax Free sale is being registered in dedicated customs IT system www.granica.gov.pl/TaxFree by shop. Declared data will be verified while crossing the border of UE.
In Poland, rules concerning VAT refund for foreign travelers are regulated by the Act of 11 March 2004 on the tax on goods and services - Section XII, Chapter 6, Art. 126-130 (J. L. No. 54, item 535 as amended)